Makes about 2 cups
This can be made several days ahead and stored in the refrigerator. Sweet soy sauce (kecap manis) is available at Asian markets.
- 1 cup sweet soy sauce (kecap manis)
- 1/2 cup black bean paste
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and grated on a microplane
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha sauce (hot sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated ginger (best done on the microplane)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup lime juice, to taste
Instructions: Combine all ingredients, except sugar and lime juice, in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cook until mixture is reduced by half. Whisk in brown sugar. Add lime juice to taste. Simmer for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 15 minutes. Strain three times through a fine chinois, discarding solids. Transfer glaze to a jar or container, cover and refrigerate.